Pendu is offline Registered User Promoted

Exterior moldings 2

Can I build an exterior molding along the perimeter of a roof ???

Exterior molding plines can't have pitch. You would probably have to make a symbol of a chunk of molding to do that (which I have never tried).

You can simulate a piece of molding with a sloped soffit or soffits, but they are flat and best used when the distance from the house in the rendered view would normally obscure the finer details of moldings anyway, such as when viewing the entire house at once from outside.
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio

I would generate a molding from a railing, Draw a wall approximately the length you will require, convert this to a railing. Work out which profile you want, if necessary make a new one, saving to “ my moldings” Via the railings’ Dialog box, Set the handrail with your profile, under railing set; open and no shoe, Under Newels/Balusters, set railing height to the minimum(50 mm), set the other numbers to Zero although some will spring back, but don’t worry. If you are lucky, you will be left with only the handrail as custom profile, if you see some unwanted facets delete them with the delete-surface tool, Export this model as a DXF file (not DWG). Now go and look for the free program “Crossroads”. This program can handle DXF files, and rotate simple objects. Assuming your roof has a 45 deg. pitch, then open the DXF in Crossroads an rotate 45 deg in the “y” axis, save the file and import it into your Chief plan. Of course you may use other objects made from Slabs, polyline solids and whatever. And they can be rotated as required.
    . This image shows solids sitting on the roof edge; I have used cabinets to help line things up. The objects can also be adjusted though their dialog boxes
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.

Pendu is offline Registered User Promoted

Jeff & Jason

Thank you for your help, guys.

JC