Pull down attic steps?

How do you draw pull down attic steps? I have searched the library and there doesn't seem to be an icon. Do they have to be drawn in CAD mode?

There is no symbol for attic steps but there is a cad drawing. I will check in a minute to see where it is. You can only see it in plan view. I wish CA would give us this symbol that would also frame it in like a window or door.

Tommy

It is under CAD BLOCKS>NOTES & LEGENDS>NOTES.

tOMMY
    Last edited by Tommy Blair; 08-29-2004 at 06:08 AM.

you can use the platform hole tool to have Chief cut the hole and generate the framing (icon is red platform on four poles, or use the menu>Build>Structure>platform hole)

you will get something like this

The symbol is a custom one I made using Chief's CAD tools...it shows in 3d and the 2d block I used is shown in the plan view in the above pic...

You can get the symbol (only works with V.9.5) here:

TO'D_Attic Stair symbol

unzip it to you library folder it will be in interior fixtures

Thank You Tim!!
    Larry

Thank you Tim very much.

Tommy

Thanks Tim for sharing such a neat item. I have a need for it very often.

I had to use the build>structure>platform hole. I could not locate a red platform on four poles. Is it a parent icon or a child icon? I also checked the restructure tool bars and still did not see it?

Thanks for sharing, Tim

Paul
    Paul K. Traylor (Design Engineer )

WoodArt Design and Drafting Service
    "Great Homes Come From Great Designs"

pktraylor65@gmail.com
    North Fort Myers, Florida

it is available to add to custom toolbars...here is the dbx showing it

Thanks Tim.

Nice work,

Thanks Tim - great help, zac

I have tried a number of times to download files from the chief users free yahoo site. I just don't have that much time in the world to wait. Unless it's my Zone Alarm settings having a cable modem is useless.
    I too would like to have the attic stair, but it just hangs, and hangs, and hangs........
    EDit- These has to be some trick in using the chief users site, I did one time download a font there, but currently cannot download one thing. register, reregister, log in, log in again....????? That attic stair of Tim's sure looks nice.
    Last edited by James Eggert; 08-30-2004 at 09:32 AM.
    Take Care

Jim

Thank You. That is exactly what I was hoping for.

[COLOR=deeppink]I have tried a number of times to download files from the chief users free yahoo site. I just don't have that much time in the world to wait. Unless it's my Zone Alarm settings having a cable modem is useless.
    I too would like to have the attic stair, but it just hangs, and hangs, and hangs........[/COLOR]
    James, it must be your firewall settings as you are not bouncing and the file is only 8kb...a blink on a pots line even...try turning off the firewall...

Tim
    I have been fighting the netsky virus for a week, and preparing to format and reinstall. I have changed Zone Alarm settings so much trying to block incoming stuff and blocking outgoing stuff that it took awhile to find which setting was stopping too much. I just managed to download the attic stairs....Thanks.

But it still seems the Yahoo site isn't very intuitive to get around...
    For example. one time I found a list of people(members) who had files to download, then I can't find it again. Then when I want to download a file, I have to log in again with password before it downloads?? It's just a confusing site, which is why I haven't gone there in months, until trying for your attic stairs.
    Take Care

Jim

Pesky Netsky

James have you tried ANTIVIR, this cleared NETSKY for me, ANTIVIR is free, and updatable.
    Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.

No, but I tried just about everything else. Symantecs netsky repair program didn't find it, but I typically use Zone Alarm Pro, AVG 7, SpyBot, Adaware, and NoAdware programs. As far as I know it's still around, but I did stop all the background activity by renaming certain .exe files to other suffix'
    Take Care

Jim